The centre is home not only to the Giant Panda but also to some other fascinating creatures including the Lesser Panda (Red Panda), the Golden Monkey, the Sika, the Takin and Crested Ibis. As a volunteer on this project you will be working alongside the keepers at the centre which will give you a unique insight to not only pandas but also the Chinese way of life. Some of the activities which you may be involved in are:
- Assisting the Panda Keepers in their daily duties and providing care and attention to the Pandas.
- Cleaning the enclosures of the animals.
- Preparing food and feeding the Pandas and other animals, this will include carrying Bamboo.
- General maintenance at the centre including fencing and planting.
- Helping staff at the centre develop their English skills.
You may also have the opportunity to visit a local school in Lou Guan Tai, to teach basic English and nursery rhymes to the school children. Helping the children and the staff at the centre with their English will greatly help not only communication but also increase the number of Chinese people that can get the panda conservation message across.
What’s Included in the Programme
- Airport pick up and transfer to programme after orientation.
- All accommodation during placement on a shared basis.
- All meals during placement.
- In-country orientation.
- Online Account with all your pre-departure infromation
What’s Not Included in the Programme
- Extra activities not on itinerary.
- Return airport transfer at the end of placement.
- Local Transport
Prices and Durations
China Giant Panda Conservation - 2 weeks
China Giant Panda Conservation - 3 weeks
China Giant Panda Conservation - 4 weeks