Your Typical Itinerary
Although day to day activities will vary on the project, a typical day in the life of a volunteer working on the project might be:
- 07:30 – Wake up and have breakfast
- 08:30 – Data entry on the computer from previous day’s research work
- 10:00 – Walk over to the dive center (100meters away) and get prepared for a whale shark launch. Jump on the boat and head out to sea to find whale sharks. On finding a whale shark enter the water snorkelling next to the whale shark and take photos of the correct parts of the shark. Photos enable us to identify individual sharks around the world and track their movements, age etc.
- 13:00 – Lunch
- 14:00 – Depending on the time of year – whale counts and data collection from on top of the dunes or preparation for turtle work in the night.
- 15:30 – Work generally ends around 3.30pm but this is flexible and can sometimes be earlier and sometimes later.